CAC Membership information
The collection industry continues to expand into nearly every consumer, retail, professional and government category. With these varied memberships, our hope is to bring all areas of expertise together to stay on the competitive edge.
Develop your connections....
Build connections to grow your business. Some business opportunities include:
- Receive a list of CAC Vendor Members who provide products and services designed specifically for the needs of collection agencies.
- CAC provides members with education opportunities, networking, the latest in technology and industry trends.
- Attend CAC’s Annual Conference, educational seminars and region meetings at member prices.
- Expand your legislative sway...
Build a connection with California legislators and stay up to date on laws and regulations affecting your business. CAC offers:
- The most current legal information from CAC’s legal counsel.
Region meetings with presentations from local attorneys or lobbyists.
- The opportunity to have input regarding the current legislative plans.
- Annual Legislative Day in Sacramento where members discuss priorities and legislative strategies, meet with their legislators, and attend committee hearings.
- Weekly summaries of activities at the Capitol
- Cultivate your resources...
Refine your professional skills and stay on top of hot topics to help you and your organization. Some resources offered through CAC membership include:
- The Collector’s Ink magazine which provides collection information, general business information, legal opinions and much more.
- The Consumer 800 Hotline for consumer’s complaints and resolution.
- Education seminars that provide today’s collection agency owners and their employees the most current knowledge of the law and other business concerns.
Below is a List of CAC Membership Categories in Brief Detail:
General Membership of the association are those members engaged in the third party collection business.
Associate Members are persons or businesses interested in the collection industry and not eligible for other classes of membership either because they are not a third party collection agency, are an out-of-state resident, or they do not market any product or service for collections.
Vendor Members are persons, corporations, partnership, or entities engaged in a business that provides goods or services to collection agencies.